Beginner in Helsinki looking for guidance

Beginner in Helsinki looking for guidance

Postby shrimp67 » 16.1.2010 14:04

Hello,

I'm a foreign student in Helsinki University. With me I have brought my kite-surfing gear (11m2 tube) from my home town Eilat.
I would like to try snow-kiting but I have almost no experience at all, and would like to do it with some experienced
snow-kiters first.

I live in meri-rastila, Helsinki, and it seems this winter is perfect for snow kiting in this area (wide open frozen sea, plenty of snow).
Like most students I'm quite broke, so I cannot spare money for expensive lessons.

If you are interested in helping a fellow snow-kiter, please send me a message, coffee and cake are on me ;)
shrimp67

Re: Beginner in Helsinki looking for guidance

Postby Mama » 16.1.2010 21:59

Hi,
I guess you already have experience in water-kiting? Snow-kiting is not so musc different if you use snowboard. What kind of gear have you? You should have atleast snowboard, boots, helmet and dressed warm enough for snowboarding.

I don't know if there's any kiters in arabianranta but I guess tomorrow you can find kiters in Laajalahti Munkkiniemi-side) and in Kalvik.
Mama
Advanced Member

Postby shrimp67 » 16.1.2010 23:31

I have little water-kiting experience.

About the gear, I have a snowboard I can borrow from a friend, helmet and warm clothes.

I'll try to find the place, maybe I'll pay a visit tomorrow or next weekend.
shrimp67

Postby shrimp67 » 17.1.2010 21:11

Guys, guys, one at a time please...
shrimp67

Return to Talvileijalautailu / Snowkiting