Hello

Postby twister » 12.11.2006 22:03

Hi all very glad to have bumped into this site,I have just started kite boading and am very happy I have,I understand this is a Finnish site ,but I am strugling a bit with the language.
Wold really like to get to know more about the sport and where the locals get to fly in Helsinki,hey well I am here have anyone tried these panshkite.com very cheap chinese kite I got 5m and it is really worth the money.
Well hope to here from someone so I can get some friends to go kiting with.
twister

Postby Immu » 13.11.2006 15:46

I strongly recommend you go to a course with some of Helsinki's IKO instructors (unless you've been to one allready). Really worth the money, and you don't kill yourself in the beginning :huh:

here are some adresses to instructors' that operate in helsinki region:
www.karri3nen.com
info@eskone.com
www.flyhapa.com
www.prokiteboarding.net

English language should'n be a slightest problem B)

I have never even heard of your kite brand, but just according to the price, I unfortunately have to suspect it's a piece of ***t... proper modern new kites are usually between 500 and 1500e according to brand, type and size. :blink:
Mun harrikassa on pakki!
Immu
Advanced Member

Postby twister » 13.11.2006 17:32

I know it seems like a piece of ***** ,but lot of reviews done on it and there seem to be quite a few good ones,for my first kite I think it is a bargain,well it sure flies fine and has loads of pull,but hey that my view,
thanks for replie,
twister

Postby Kahis » 13.11.2006 22:07

Immu: It's a fixed-bridle foil like, say, the Ozone Samurais or RadSail Pros. They are waay cheaper than depowerables.

I haven't flown any Pansch kites, but from what I've seen on other forums (*köh* Flexifoil *köh*) they are on equal ground with other kites in the same market (Radsails, PKD Busters) and and defintely better than say a Firebee for a newbie.

Whether it is a "proper kite" or not depends on what you want to do with it. Static flying, buggying - yeah. Kitesurfing - hell no!

twister: what kind of sites are you looking for? Just flying? Traction? Snowkiting?
Kahis
Advanced Member

Postby twister » 14.11.2006 13:08

Well I enjoy free flying ,also into stunt kites but would like to try it out with my snowboard ,nothing to extreme now just getting pulled along will be ok,so am looking to find out where there are good places around Helsinki for that.
twister

Postby Hot Liquid » 14.11.2006 20:02

Laahjalahti is the place to be starting around January. You will find Kahis with his funny Japanese kites there as well :-)
Keep an eye out for anyone flying Peter Lynn or flexifoil kites, that will probably be me. Send me a message if you want to hook up.
Hot Liquid

Postby Kahis » 15.11.2006 20:38

Hot Liquid wrote:You will find Kahis with his funny Japanese kites there as well :-)

Heh. I like flying something different, and playing with various bridle settings etc. If it gets my fat ass moving in sub-3 m/s winds in deep snow, has depower and costs 500e new, I'm not complaining :) And the no-power safety (as in kite fully flagged out, arc-style) is a big plus if you ask me! It's not for everyone, I'll give you that :P Although I have to admit you'll see me flying a 7m FS Pulse on those gusty, windy days this winter.

As HL said, Laajalahti (between western Helsinki and Otaniemi in Espoo) is the most popular site in Helsinki.

EDIT: You'll also find the local stunt kite flyers on Laajalahti once it gets a sturdy ice cover. Stunt kites are rare in Finland which means that you'll get an interested audience if you have *any* skills at all.

<!--EDIT|Kahis|Nov 15 2006, 07:41 PM-->
Kahis
Advanced Member

Return to Talvileijalautailu / Snowkiting